Senior Legal Manager
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
At Apple, we’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply reciprocal place, where everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Apple is looking for an experienced and senior lawyer to manage the legal team supporting Apple’s sales function in Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia. You will partner closely with colleagues in the United States and around the world to craft and implement commercial legal strategies that support our sales efforts. It also provides front-line support on a number of other aspects of Apple’s business in the region.
- You have provided legal counsel for 10+ years.
- We are looking for someone who has transactional, regulatory, and compliance experience. Ideally, you have effectively counseled executive management and their business teams on complex legal and regulatory matters.
- We prefer prior governmental regulatory experience. Are you keenly attuned to and adept at identifying and solving relevant regulatory issues including compliance issues?
- You should also have strong experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements.
- You foster and facilitate teamwork by cultivating relationships, counseling, collaborating, and effectively communicating with teammates and cross-functional partners.
- Your communication and analytical skills are strong, and you can assess and articulate complex and nuanced legal risks in “plain English.” A practical approach to legal risk and problem solving skills is essential
- You can navigate and resolve diverse and complex issues in imaginative and effective ways while displaying sharp business insight.
In this role, you will lead a small team of lawyers who support Apple’s sales and operations efforts in Australia, New Zealand and South East Asia. Your team will collaborate with other legal groups and advise executives and their sales, operations, and retail business teams on a variety of matters. You will also help formulate legal and regulatory strategies and advise on and provide novel solutions to mitigate risks. You will also monitor regulatory developments in the region and partner with others across the legal organization to respond to any regulatory issues.
Education & Experience
Requires a law degree, and excellent academic credentials. The candidate must hold a current practicing certificate for an Australian state or territory (or be entitled to hold one).