Visual Designer, App Store Editorial Design
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
The Apple App Store is the world’s largest and most innovative software store, with nearly 500 million weekly visitors. The App Store now has an editorial section called the Today tab, offering compelling stories, in-depth interviews, helpful tips and collections of must-have apps and games to showcase Apple’s unique perspective and to help and inspire customers every day. Apple Media is looking for a world-class Visual Designer for their App Store Today tab team. This is a role for the visual designer, communicator and problem solver who wants to have their hands in several things at once; who can deliver end-to-end design across media types, screens, formats and technologies; and who can collaborate well with others.
- Experience creating the output of editorial design product (e.g., Magazines, Digital Content, Journalism, etc.)
- Passion for a wide variety of editorial, digital and magazine/publishing and systems design
- Fluency across graphic design, typography, photography, illustration and motion
- Conceptual thinker who is strategically-centered
- Demonstrates command of visual and communication design principles
- Clear and concise communication, organization skills and ability to work across time zones
- Ability to prototype visual design work in situation
- A keen ability to create work under minimal supervision, as well as package and present solutions to the wider creative team. Quickly and beautifully.
- Fluency in English and Japanese
Our Ideal Candidate ; Is a fountain of ideas and creative thinking who can think and implement quickly, laterally, independently or collaboratively Experienced in collaborating in the execution of an editorial design strategy and has an advanced understanding of what makes content engaging and successful across platforms and audiences Demonstrates strong user experience sensibilities with an uncanny level of curiosity; keeps up with the evolving landscape of available tools, technologies and resources Collaborates with Creatives, Project Managers, Business Owners and Executives to solve complex problems with simple solutions Has experience developing prototypes for a variety of platforms and use cases; can rapidly prototype their ideas across a myriad of Apple devices, experiences and scenario
Education & Experience
- Portfolio demonstrating proficiency in delivering strategic and editorial ideas across digital, social or static form factors.
- 4+ years relevant design or creative leadership experience required; bonus for tours in publishing, magazines, or content creation/delivery
- Bachelor's degree in Web, Graphic, Information, Communication design or equivalent
- Clear and concise communication and organization skills
- Passionate about the Apple brand and relentless in preserving its authenticity