Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
8-10 years of consumer marketing communications experience in a creatively-driven agency (preferred) or client organisation. Meaningful experience in the local market with a consistent record of developing marketing communications. Deep experience and understanding of the creative development process. Attention-to-detail and results-oriented. Team player who takes personal ownership of assigned tasks. Excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to work both at a strategic and executional level, often within the same hour. Ability to multitask and deliver under tight timelines. Experience in building a communications plan. Fluency in written and spoken English. Japanese is essential.
- Launch and Sustain Programs:
- Effectively lead all local market launch, sustaining activities product, and seasonal projects.
- Act as the key interface between the WW Marcom teams and local Marcom and PR teams.
- Provide a single point of contact for campaigns from an overall process, communications, and materials perspective. This requires representing Japan’s needs to WW Marcom counterparts, while articulating the global strategy to the broader Geo team.
- Work closely with the WW Marcom team to establish local Marcom goals and product strategies.
- Gather and provide strategic market insights to the WW planning team that ultimately help drive more relevant and impactful communications.
- Work with local agency partners to ensure that all deliverables are fully integrated and flawlessly executed, meeting Apple’s extremely high-quality standards.
- Where appropriate, participate in carrier relationships, communications plans, and programs in concert with WW and local Partner Communication teams.
- Provide strategic communications input and guidance to all functional areas, including interactive, channel, advertising, and retail.
- Seasonal Marketing Programs:
- Work with WW Cross-Functional and local Geo Functional teams to drive successful implementation of seasonal campaigns (primarily Holiday & Back to School).
- Provide input to WW and Global teams on creative and messaging for seasonal programs to ensure local relevance and impact.
- Advocate on behalf of the Geo with WW Marcom to optimize processes, ensuring seasonal programs achieve maximum business impact.
- Maintain a calendar of key local cultural/seasonal events and be the Marcom point person for any related Apple communications (e.g. iTunes Festival).
- Marcom Planning:
- Provide regular planning updates and insights to WW and Geo teams on local Apple business, including sales performance, market share, competitive information, industry happenings, and competitive trends.
- On a regular basis, collect and share actionable and pertinent communications insights to help guide, inform, and improve our global communications plans and efforts.
- Help to define the best ways to effectively share information with the WW planning team, across Geos, and between the Marcom functional areas.
Bachelor's degree/University education.