Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple do not just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that has revolutionized entire industries. It is the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. We are looking for an energetic, dedicated and flexible professional to join our dynamic, committed Module & Technology Reliability Group as Reliability Engineer, to support our mission to develop amazing products. In this role you will help guide the development teams toward a reliable design of new technology components, collaborating with key module vendor partners that produce and test the products for their reliability performance.
- Analytical skills in defining a problem statement, designing experiments, and root cause analysis
- Experience with the manufacture and/or design of assemblies that convert digital signals into physical (voltage, light, vibration) signals and vice versa
- Strong understanding of the physics behind material properties (mechanical, electrical, and optical).
- Capable of auditing a test facility
- Adept in statistical data analysis and reporting; skilled using statistics software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead multiple projects at once, with attention to detail
- Ability to drive decisions and resolve problems in an unattended manner
- Flexibility and adaptability to accept new tasks
- Dynamic and “can do” attitude engineer with the desire to work with an outstanding team and product
- Enthusiasm and ability to collaborate among a diverse set of key partners
- Ability to travel freely among Asian nations
Reliability Engineer guide the vendors toward timely, accurate execution of reliability tests, and timely, accurate reporting of the results while meeting the following business objectives: - Maintain frequent, efficient communication concerning the developments in Asia and in Cupertino - Guide vendors to support test and reporting requirements both remotely and through on-site visits - Drive test equipment and test specs that are critical for validation of reliability - Identify high risk failure modes early in the design life cycle - Develop new tests based on the physics of failure and any novel user interactions that the technology enables. - Assess reliability through stress test data and failure analysis - Provide direction for failure analysis to drive toward root cause
Education & Experience
- 2-8 years of experience in an engineering role facilitating communication across geographies and organizations - M.S. or PhD in Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering or an equivalent field desired - Experience in an engineering role involving hands-on work desired