Legal Counsel, App Store (tech transactions/dispute exp.)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses. Apple is looking for a passionate, dedicated, and practical product attorney to support Apple’s App Store.
- 3-6 years of relevant legal experience advising on software, intellectual property, licensing, dispute resolution, and/or technology-related issues.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and ability to analyze problems and come up with practical, workable solutions.
- Enjoys building strong client relationships and works well with cross-functional teams at all levels – engineers, senior management and execs alike.
- Experience with internet services, software, international legal and regulatory compliance, privacy, consumer protection, dispute resolution and intellectual property law.
- Best suited for a self-starter who is curious, embraces technology and thrives in a dynamic environment.
- Significant experience in negotiating and drafting complex software licensing agreements, with strong IP law and technology transactions background preferred.
In this role, you will be responsible for helping to support and advise on Apple’s developer and developer software teams for a wide variety of matters, including feature/technology development, intellectual property issues, data privacy, transactional matters, and regulatory considerations. Additionally, you will provide support for App Store intellectual property disputes and escalations and enterprise related matters. You will help review and draft language for product UI, software licenses, due diligence, and customer and developer-facing terms and conditions. You will also advise Apple management on risk allocation/mitigation, business strategies, and policies, and collaborate with a broader legal team supporting Apple products and services. This position requires excellent communication, analytical, negotiation and drafting skills, and the ability to partner well with business, product marketing and engineering teams, as well as legal colleagues around the world.
Education & Experience
JD and admission to at least one US state bar