Legal Counsel, Apple Pay/Apple Card (credit card, co-branding exp.)
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal group, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards, as well as defend our intellectual property. You’ll help provide legal support for all our products and businesses across the globe. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. Together with your team, you’ll provide the critical support needed worldwide for all Apple products and businesses. Apple is looking for an attorney to join Apple’s Legal Department to support Apple Card.
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of the laws and regulations related to Apple Card and other consumer credit products and services generally, including TILA, Reg. Z, the CARD Act, ECOA, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Significant experience in negotiating and drafting complex commercial and end-user agreements related to offering and supporting consumer credit product and services, with strong intellectual property law and technology transactions background preferred
- Knowledge of the structure and operation of payment network rules
- Knowledge of the regulations applicable to collecting, storing, and using personal financial information
- Knowledge of regulations applicable to mobile wallets and e-commerce a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a cross functional group are important
Primary responsibilities include advising the Apple Card management team on a wide range of issues related to marketing, offering, and using Apple Card. Must have a solid understanding of the laws and regulations related to consumer credit products and services—and co-brand credit cards in particular. Responsibilities will include advising on (a) the legal aspects of Apple’s relationships with third parties in the financial services industry and (b) the regulations that apply to banks, networks, and other participants in the consumer credit card industry.
Education & Experience
JD or equivalent from a top-tier law school and excellent academic credentials