People Business Partner, R&D
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Come join Apple's R&D HR team. We are looking for a strategic People Business Partner who embodies our culture and core values. You'll be responsible for supporting some of the Hardware Technology teams which are in fast-growing mode. You will deliver a full spectrum of both strategic and tactical HR support and programs to the organization from educating clients on compensation practices, performance management, career development to advising on various management issues.
- 10+ years of experience as a strategic HR partner is required. A rotation in an Organizational Development center of Excellence would be an added plus
- Strong organizational development background responsible for Team Effectiveness, Coaching, and Culture.
- Foundational understanding of HR analytics and experience with HR systems & tools is critical
- Strong communication skills, including influencing and confidence to support innovation
- Highly collaborative style
- Resourceful, self-motivated and self-assurance to independently lead
- Ability to coach, mentor and advise where appropriate to help employees grow and develop in alignment with business and personal goals
- Impeccable judgment and ability to balance the needs of the company, managers and employees alike
- Strong project management skills
Business Knowledge: Ability to quickly learn about new business areas and build strong business acumen. Organizational Development: Understands the needs of the organization in order to achieve maximum organizational performance and efficiencies. You will have experience with change management, culture work, engagement and team effectiveness. Onboarding of new hires across identified groups of the HWT team Career Development: You will provide expertise and guidance to both managers and employees and guide them through their development and career progress at Apple. Knowledge of and experience creating career development tools is a plus. Talent Management: Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees on all performance related issues, including identifying key talent and leading succession planning activities. Management Coaching / Group Training: Lead with a solid understanding of the group's training/development needs and act as liaison with Apple University to provide appropriate training. Experience developing smaller scale development programs to meet custom business needs is also important. Performance Management: Provides advice and counsel to managers and employees on all performance related issues. Coaches new managers on how to lead their teams, as well as guide them to effectively write performance reviews and create clear goals and objectives. Compensation Planning: Partner with compensation to Execute on the annual salary planning process. Workforce Analytics: Experience with workforce planning and analytics. Advanced Excel skills are essential to your success in this role. Talent Mobility: Collaborate with the mobility team on immigration and visa needs. Employee Relations: Partner with the Employee Relations team to resolve employee performance issues and guide resolutions to open issues.
Education & Experience
Requires a BA/BS. An advanced degree in Organizational Development or similar degree is preferred
- Some travel opportunities as needed