Visual Designer - Apple TV and Movie
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Apple is looking for an exceptional Visual Designer to join their Apple Media Products Content Design team. In this role, you will be creating a variety of digital assets used to engage and attract consumers on Apple Media platforms. You will be working along side a global team of Designers, Editors, and Production teams. The ideal candidate for the role relishes in the details of production design and is also adept at conceiving and delivering original design concepts.
- Demonstrated mastery of the Adobe Creative and iWork suites, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects
- Has a deep understanding of local design trends, digital media, and cultural nuances for the Japanese TV and Movie market
- A passion for entertainment and sports media
- Must be able to fluently speak, read and design in both English and Japanese
- Candidates should possess exceptional graphic design skills
- Experience creating both original campaign creative, and extending existing campaigns based on third-party partner artwork.
- Experience creating motion graphics
- Expert level photo retouching skills
- A deep understanding of typography for the web. Experience with typesetting in a variety of languages is a plus
- Understanding of actions and batch processing image assets
- Experience naming files according to production specifications
- The ability to work independently to troubleshoot technical and process related issues
- Excels in a time sensitive environment, under minimal supervision in an international context, whilst packaging solutions to the wider creative team, quickly and beautifully
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- A deep understanding of the Apple aesthetic, UI, and history
In this role, you will be responsible for creating consumer facing graphics for Movie & Television features on Apple Media products. The graphics can be large and small graphic teasers, featured artist pages, or special events features. These graphics may also need localization so sensitivity to typography and composition is key. All design at Apple is considered very closely by many teams. The applicant must have experience working in an iterative process.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Web, Graphic, Information, Communication design or equivalent
- Demonstrates proficiency in delivering strategic creative ideas across digital, social or static form factors.
- Displays exceptional graphic design skills
- Informs with clear and concise communication and organization skills
- Reflects strength in translating high level briefs into unique visual styles and directions
- All resumes must be accompanied by portfolio and/or website link.