Senior Art Director - Marketing Design / App Store
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
There’s the typical job. Then there’s a career at Apple. Where we'll challenge you to defy routine. To explore the far reaches of the possible. To travel unchartered paths. And to be a part of something far bigger than yourself. Because around here, changing the world just comes with the job description. Apple Media Design is looking for an exceptional Visual Designer for their App Store Marketing Design team. This is a role for the visual designer, communicator and problem solver who wants to have their hands in several things at once; who can deliver designs from concept to execution and who can collaborate well with others. The Visual Designer has a passion for storytelling, with an eye for detail and a blend of creative and technical production skills. This position will work closely with the Creative Director, Art Directors, creative producers as well as cross functional producers to design, create and maintain Apple’s visual presence on social medias and across marketing efforts for Apple’s App Store.
- Fluent in Japanese and English.
- Has keen understanding of local market and cultural nuances.
- Experienced in developing and executing campaigns, and has an advanced understanding of what makes content engaging and successful across digital channels and audiences
- Strong command of visual and communication design principles
- Has great understanding and are fluent in digital design & marketing.
- Strategically-centered, wildly creative, and obsessively meticulous
- Have a passion for graphic design, typography, photography, motion and illustration
- Delivers highly-resolved works at the intersection of culture and design
- A keen ability to create work under minimal supervision.
- Experience in sharing ideas and presenting solutions to the wider Sr. management team.
- Excellent communications; both written and verbal
We work with cross-functional teams, such as Marketing, Production, Retail, Editorial, Engineering, Localization and QA. You will be responsible for weekly creative requests of consumer facing communications that are featured in multiple digital channels. In addition, you will also be asked to collaborate with production team to ensure all work meets Apple’s standards before final release. You will need to have experience working in a fast paced, iterative process and be able to professionally accept art direction and feedback. You: - Are a fountain of ideas and creative thinking who can think and implement quickly, laterally, independently or collaboratively - Motivated and driven, and collaborates well with other creatives and creative producers and cross-functional to solve complex problems with simple solutions - Strength is in translating high level ideas into unique visual styles and directions - Have stylistic breadth, attention to detail, balance and innovation - Clear and concise communicator displaying strong organization, teamwork skills. - Demonstrates curiosity; keeps up with the evolving landscape of technologies and trends.
Education & Experience
- - Portfolio demonstrating proficiency in delivering strong creative ideas across digital, social or static and print media
- - Seasoned design experience; plus for time spent at top digital design or advertising agencies.
- - Able to work on a global team, across time zones, date lines and traditional routine.
- - A keen awareness of visual trends associated with the entertainment, gaming & culture particularly in the Apps spaces.
- - Experience in designing for these industries would be useful.
- - Bachelor’s degree in Graphic, Information, Communication, Web design or equivalent
- - Fluency in Apple products services (AppStore, Podcasts, iBooks, News etc)
- - Passionate about the Apple brand and relentless in preserving its authenticity