OS Release QA Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
The SWE Central QA Engineering team is seeking an OS Release QA Engineer. We are responsible for the quality and stability of our final seed and releases for iOS and macOS. This role will have a special emphasis on application-level functionality through automated and manual testing. If you are a critical thinker who would like to play a key role in qualifying Apple's software releases and ensuring high-quality customer experience, we would like to hear from you.
- A keen eye for quality
- 2+ years of experience working in Software development and testing
- Creative thinker and strong problem solver with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to investigate, debug and triage difficult problems and independently work towards results
- At ease and adaptable in a dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are needed to facilitate close interaction with peers, management, development teams, and other organizations within Apple
- Highly organized, creative, motivated, and passionate about achieving results
- Enthusiasm for user-focused design & high-quality technology
We are looking for a self-motivated individual with strong technical and communication skills. Some of the main responsibilities in this role will include functional testing (manual and automated) of first-party applications on iOS and macOS. You will design and implement test plans, test cases, risk analysis, and integration testing across Apple platforms. You will need to identify, escalate, and communicate key build quality issues, and work towards resolutions on the critical issues affecting the build quality. Other responsibilities include end-to-end testing of small and large scale software features across multiple platforms, designing and reviewing tests and coverage plans in alignment with different QA teams, and conducting system and integration tests across all platforms.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience