Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) Lead, Japan
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple do not just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that has revolutionized entire industries. It is the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple is looking for a coordinated, highly organised professional to serve as an Environment, Health and Safety Lead, supporting Corporate & Retail functions. In this role, you will have a deep understanding of local occupational health and safety requirements and workplace evaluation as well as a knowledge of applicable regulations and laws. A proven ability to effectively interact and influence senior management is essential.
- 5+ years of EHS experience - preferably in multinational companies. Retail experience preferred.
- Highly self-motivated and self managing
- A person focused leadership style that thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic workplace
- A dedicated, driven, sense of urgency to problem solving
- Ability to run multiple high priority projects simultaneously
- Excellent English and Japanese written and verbal communication skills
- In depth knowledge of one or more of the following: ergonomics, industrial hygiene, life safety systems, emergency response, physical safety, construction safety, accessibly support, Project Management
- Partner with EHS Manager & EHS Leads to handle large scale global EHS projects and future initiatives - Partner with Development, Preservation, Facilities HR/ER and Store Leadership to develop and implement EHS policies, procedures and standards - Integrate with Retail Support Central Operations, Retail Supply, Store Strategies, Global Store Support, New Store Opening (NSO) & Re-model team to ensure early knowledge of potential EHS challenges and advise accordingly - Provide insight and advice on meeting the requirements of H&S for existing and emerging Apple sites, including Retail stores, office space and RE&D space - Ensure compliance with statutory requirements and work with Management teams to identify and handle risks - Undertake regular site visits and provide mentorship & training to facilitate site-level compliance with applicable regulations - Lead regulatory agency inspections, inquiries, contacts, and reporting in accordance with corporate and regulatory requirements - Ensure regular H&S assessments, inspections and safety check ins are completed and communicated to the appropriate teams - Execute the process for reporting, investigating and communicating accidents, hazards and concerns - Support sites with emergency response preparation, including emergency plans, training and drills - Ability to handle the safety of large scale events - Act as point of contact for the coordination for EHS communications and critical issues to and from Global Retail Support and Corp offices - Support new store and new country opening team - Partner with local H&S support vendors and local authorities - Communicate effectively to all levels, from floor to corporate executives, the progress and trends towards achieving the best in EHS compliance
Education & Experience
A Bachelors Degree in Environmental Science / Engineering / Management or professional certification in other EHS disciplines