Performance QA Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Why Apple? Apple has a world-class reputation for product quality and we need your help to keep those high standards for iOS Performance. We're looking for critical thinkers who would like to play a key role in our quality engineering process, working in a fast-paced environment across a range of technologies to ensure we have best-of-class Performance. You will join a dynamic team responsible for qualifying the latest iOS products and if you are as passionate about improving the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, your ideas and expertise can help customers experience the best. You are a self-motivated individual, passionate about the customer experience, and have excellent problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Develop, maintain and execute automated tests written in e.g Python, Swift or Objective-C
- Excellent debugging, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
- Work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- System level knowledge on software and hardware is preferred
- Experience with performance testing is preferred
Develops, modifies, and executes automated scripts for testing. Responsibilities include troubleshooting and debugging any issues with automation and automated tests. Responsible for automated or manual test execution, analyzing test results, reproducing and reporting issues, assist in identifying and reproducing test blocking and automation blocking bugs, and interacting with cross functional team members for performance related tasks and deliverables. Successful candidates will have excellent organizational and communication skills -- you'll be running many different tests at a time, across many different scenarios on a large scale and need to keep careful track of the results -- as well as the creativity and initiative to help us proactively discover performance issues or areas for improvement.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in computer science