Core OS Integration Engineer
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here at Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. As Integration Engineer, you’ll oversee the integration process of the Kernel and related components for all of Apple’s OS releases. You’ll work as part of an agile team that is responsible for coordinating a large number of software changes on a daily basis. Our aim is to provide fast turnaround to all of our stakeholders. You will work hands-on with various tools to raise the bar for automation of day-to-day operations and rapidly deliver innovative solutions.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Git as well as scripting languages (Python, Perl, Bash), if you are the right person, we don’t mind which technology you are used to, as long as you show flexibility
- Always iterating and seeking new ways to automate repetitive tasks
- Comfortable writing code and ideally familiar with TDD
- You will have a deep understanding of branching and software configuration management
- You will work closely with engineering and Project Management teams, which requires very good communication and coordination skills
We are working to take the build, integration and test process of the low-level components of iOS, macOS, watchOS and tvOS to the next level (think kernel and low-level libraries). We don’t have all of the answers on how to do that yet, perhaps you do? We are exploring, measuring and trying new things. We are responsible for integrating nearly a quarter of all changes that go into our OS releases and affect 1 billion+ customers, so this isn’t just a theoretical exercise. We won’t be satisfied with anything less than outstanding.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience