Module Process Engineer, Display
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Imagine what you could do here! We have an opportunity for a Module Process Engineer. As Module Process Engineers, we are responsible for the creation of new innovative manufacturing process technologies to resolve complex design challenges that have direct impact to future product, quality and delivery of Apple Displays & Touch. In this technical role, you will serve as a focal point in the process development of advanced key process modules from the concept/architecture stage through product engineering validation builds. We work at a fast pace and require everyone to be highly motivated. To be successful, you will need to be a flexible thinker and be able to creatively resolve problems outside of your respective technical area. We invite you to join us on this journey and help us leave the world better than we found it!
- Self-starter with proven track record of leading projects from lab scale development to high volume production without major last minute surprises
- Hands-on experience in the development of module processes & its integration in back-end processes of Flat Panel Display & Touch industry or other related industries
- Innovative ability to perform DOE, data analysis, SPC control
- Proven ability in failure mode analysis, root cause investigation, and problem solving for product yield and quality issue.
- Excellent written & verbal interpersonal skills and strong leadership ability
- Project Management- Excellent data handling, documentation, critical goal creation, and organization skill
- Ability for international business travel to support project implementation and collaborate with external vendors for product manufacturing (~50-75%)
- Business Level Proficiency in English and Japanese
・Process technology feasibility studies through theoretical simulation and/or practical engineering methods ・Process Development - Leads design and development of technically complex manufacturing processes including material selection, parameter optimization, equipment, metrology and system design to enable new products designs & functional requirements ・Develop Process for Manufacturability - Provide early and ongoing manufacturing leadership to ensure new process is scalable for high volume Process FMEA - Lead PFMEA generation for innovative process technology ・Failure Analysis - Lead root cause analysis and metrology development for issues related to new process technology ・Multi-functional interaction with Product Design, Display Engineering, Display Operations and international vendors ・Stay ahead of applicable industrial process & material manufacturing technical trends
Education & Experience
Ph.D. or M.S. degree in Physics, Material Science, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering with 2+ years of experience in related field preferred