Internship for Data Engineer
東京, 東京都, 日本
Imagine what you could do here? At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, amazing people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Apple Hardware Engineering R&D Division in Japan is currently seeking enthusiastic technical major interns to experience work and culture of Apple. We are looking for an intern, to work with our engineers to develop software systems that manage the large set of performance measurement data, to discover hidden patterns in the large data sets, and to develop visualizations. This is a phenomenal opportunity for students who are passionate about data analysis, software development on a distributed system, and front-end visualization development. *Start timing as well as duration is flexible and will accommodate to the selected student to minimize interference with ongoing studies and research at the University.
- Strong interest in data processing and analytics.
- Strong academic work in statistics, data mining, machine learning including deep learning and text processing and model evaluation.
- Experience in building cloud-scale systems and experience working with Open source stacks for data processing and data science strongly recommended.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (such as R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools (such as Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Storm, ElasticSearch).
- Strong interest in designing and implementing responsive UI/Front-end for high volume web applications;
- Experience with database technologies, SQL, NoSQL (such as PostgreSQL).
- Experience with APIs and a solid understanding of HTTP and REST architecture.
- Strong software development skills.
- Experience in Python.
- Familiarity with source control systems such as git/svn.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and agile development environment.
Specific project assignment will be decided based on the student's experience. Responsibilities may include: * Development of methods and tools to discover patterns in the data. * Full-stack web development (web front ends, web services, backend servers and storage). * Front-end development to visualize data.
Students pursuing BS/MS or PhD program in a relevant area.