Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
The people here at Apple don’t just craft products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple is looking for an experienced lawyer in Tokyo to support Apple’s business and operational efforts in Japan. You will provide front-line support on a number of aspects of Japan business and operations, partnering closely with colleagues in the United States and around the world.
- 8+ years of relevant law firm and/or in-house experience, working closely with senior management
- You have experience advising a US-based company on Japanese legal, regulatory, and business issues
- Outstanding communication and analytical skills; ability to distill complex issues and situations into concise summaries
- Adept at advising clients, including senior executives, on complex legal issues and regulatory matters
- Effective negotiator with strong business and problem-solving skills
- Ability to build client relationships and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams
- Sound judgment, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to juggle multiple projects under time pressure
- You enjoy working in an international environment
- Fluent English and Japanese
- Self-starter who can work independently
- Prior governmental regulatory experience a plus
- Experience working in-house for a US company a plus
- You will collaborate with other legal groups and advise executives and their sales, operations, and retail business teams on a variety of matters. - You will help formulate legal and regulatory strategies and advise on and provide novel solutions to mitigate risks. - You will also monitor regulatory developments in the region and partner with others across the legal organization to respond to any regulatory issues.