Intern: Field Engineer - Connectivity
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Imagine what you could do here? At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, amazing people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next groundbreaking Apple product. Apple Hardware Engineering R&D Division in Japan is currently seeking enthusiastic technical major interns to experience work and culture of Apple. You will be working with the Field Design Engineering team. We are looking for a candidate who is self-driven and has 1. Software coding skill 2. Robotics programming experience 3. Enjoying solving technical issues 4. A strong desire to design novel idea for automation 5. Ability to handle multiple task Depending on the technical strength and background, you will support ongoing technical projects of different engineering teams.
- Pursuing a MS or Ph.D in the field of robotics, or control, or machine vision
- Outstanding academic achievements in own field of study.
- Strong programming skills in two or more languages such as Python, C/C++, MySQL, Java, etc
- Project experience in programming, firmware, and or system level design
- Commitment to intensive testing practices
- Fluent in English, not only verbal communication skill but also writing document, and presentation skill
Specific project and assignment will be hand-picked by our engineers based on individual strengths and background of each student. SOME GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE: - Testing automation system design and PoC prototyping/building up, including DIY prototyping hardware, electrical system, and E2E all level software - Improve existing automation systems by data analysis, and debugging of large scaled software applications - Performing evaluation of various test results and reporting findings;
Education & Experience
Must be currently enrolled in a MS/PhD
- Start timing, as well as, duration is flexible and will be adjusted to study schedule of each selected intern in order not to interfere with ongoing studies and research at the University.