Infrastructure Manager, IS&T Tokyo
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here? At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Information Systems & Technology (IS&T) team provides the underlying technology that powers Apple’s business. Our work is tied to both the Apple internal business teams, as well as, external facing customer services. We are looking for an experienced manager to lead our infrastructure team of skilled engineers as we deliver high quality services and introduce new technologies.
- 5+ years of management experience in a global multinational company including areas such as hiring, budgeting, and developing staff.
- Engineering expertise with network operating systems on Cisco, Palo Alto Networks, Arista, or Juniper platforms.
- Technical background in Internet networking with ISP and Carrier level knowledge.
- Knowledge of VoIP environments including protocols from major vendors such as Avaya or Cisco. Ribbon and Oracle SBC knowledge is a plus.
- Experience in data center technologies, services, and operations.
- Ability to present and communicate technical strategies to senior management, business leaders, and executives.
- Possess project management, organizational, and operational knowledge in the technical infrastructure area.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Vendor management experience including reviewing proposals, contract details, and ongoing service management.
- Coding and development knowledge a plus.
Based in Tokyo, you are responsible for leading a team of 10+ technical engineers, delivering projects, and running the day-to-day operations of the technical infrastructure. You will cover a wide range of infrastructure including network, voice, systems, and services. You will provide technical leadership and direction for the infrastructure services and interface across a diverse group of teams in the Asia Pacific region and global organization. You will need to be influential and provide country expertise for innovative technologies in the local markets.
Education & Experience
Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Related discipline
- Fluency in English and one other regional language (Japanese or Korean)
- The role is based in Japan, but you will also collaborate across the Asia Pacific region and with global teams. Some domestic and international travel required.