Product Marketing Manager - Apple Watch
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Apple is looking for a dynamic, highly-motivated Product Manager for Apple Watch. Working within Product Marketing, you will be the champion of Apple Watch. You'll be responsible for successful product launches, comprehensive business and market analytics as well as closely working with all marketing functions to lead customer understanding and excitement. We'll look to you to define and communicate region-unique requirements for future product road maps, and communicate to multiple partners both in Japan and Apple’s HQ in Cupertino, the business case for long term, sustainable growth of the Apple Watch product line in Japan. To be successful in this role, you will need to have a strong passion for Apple products in particular. In addition to a solid understanding of marketing, finesse of marketing innovative products, product story telling, strong comprehension of business as well as customer insights that help inform business decisions.
- We are looking for somebody with a thorough knowledge of Mac OS X, iOS, Mac, iPod, iPhone, iPad, and Apple software products
- 3+ years Product Management experience having managed at least one entire product development cycle from concept to introduction, preferably within one of the following areas: Consumer electronics / consumer software products, Healthcare and fitness digital devices.
- Deep understanding of Japanese consumer mindset and behavior, especially in areas such as health and fitness.
- Requires strong oral and written communication skills in English and Japanese, as well as demonstrated success as a product spokesperson on a national level.
- Be curious, have passion for excellence and be able to ask the right questions.
Provide product leadership to marketing, sales and other organizations Defining, developing and driving initiatives that make a difference to the business. Drives the definition of broad, complex, and innovative planning for the Japanese market, leading in the development of the product line strategy. Create and deliver formal presentations and leads group discussions on products to a broad range of Apple audiences. Articulates issues with clarity, ability to debate and make clear recommendations. Policing product messaging & positioning across every customer touch point. Expand outbound marketing through the introduction of new programs and methods of outreach that drive customer excitement Provides feedback to Management and Cupertino teams Evaluate new technologies and make recommendations to pursue in future products. Collect customer and partner requirements for future product development. Possess expert knowledge of competitive and 3rd party products and strategies. Make pricing and forecasting recommendations to management and cross-functional teams. Communicate and position Apple Watch in relation to other products and the competition. Closely follow emerging technology, consumer, and societal trends and make recommendations for how products will fit into those emerging trends.
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree, MS/MA/MBA, preferred but not conditional.