Siri International NL Curation Lead (Japanese)
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Software and Services
Come and join the team that teaches Siri how to understand and speak new languages. We are an extremely diverse and passionate group, dedicated to making Siri the best worldwide digital assistant. We are looking for a highly motivated annotation projects lead, with a high sensibility for foreign languages and cultures, to help us drive the quality of our Siri deliverables.
- Native Japanese proficiency, cultural awareness of Japan, and ability to work in an English-speaking environment.
- Technical leadership and project management skills, with cross-functional experience.
- Proficient and highly accurate on annotation projects with a minimum of 1 year of experience.
- Motivation for informing accuracy metrics and processes.
- Flexibility to respond and react to changing priorities quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to understand and prioritize tasks and issues.
- Highly organized with attention to detail and a commitment to quality.
- Outstanding communication skills.
As the Siri international curation lead for your language, you will be responsible for the supervision of annotation projects that will shape the natural language models that enable Siri. You will be required to interact with several world class teams of experts at Apple, and to periodically report accuracy metrics that speak to the quality of Siri. We are looking for demonstrated ability to be creative, take ownership of a project, and a knack for solving problems that stump most accuracy improvement projects. Having worked on shipping products and being familiar with the rush to the finish line is highly desired. This is an opportunity to durably shape the future of human - computer interaction, and walk the state-of-the-art of a nascent field. Specific responsibilities will include: - Drive and supervise natural language curation tasks and team sync-ups. - Report and own Japanese-specific accuracy metrics. - Track documentation for natural language conventions and processes. - Review other team members’ work and provide feedback. - Support trainees and annotations team during their training phase. - Deliver hands-on data annotation tasks. - Track, analyze, and report systematic issues to QA.
Education & Experience
B.A. or B.S. degree preferred, or experience in related fields
- - Technical engineering and machine learning background
- - Comfortable working on a Mac environment
- - Understanding of iOS and Siri