Engineering Program Manager
Kanagawa, Kanagawa-ken, Japan
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here! As Engineering Program Manager (EPM) in the New Technology organization, you will be responsible for leading and driving the development of New Technology programs as well as managing all performance associated with the creation of New Technology projects.
- At least 5 years of project management experience
- Fluent in English and Japanese
- Great leadership skills and ability to inspire team members
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills
- Self motivated and proactive with proven creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Teamwork: you should communicate well with cross-functional team members, be able to efficiently collaborate with team members to achieve project goals, and contribute positively to the engineering community environment
- Lead cross-functional communication between Apple Internal project teams and external vendors. - Work with Engineering Management and Vendors to define plan, track and communicate and escalate as appropriate. - Enable the development effort by creating and monitoring an efficient, streamlined process between Apple teams and external vendors. - Provide timely issue resolution and critical path management. - Facilitate good communication and offer multiple levels of status across a wide spectrum of individual contributors to executive management. - Drive day-to-day program activities to meet overall program objectives.
Education & Experience
Degree/Master in Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- - Knowledge of the Hardware development process.
- - Product design experience.
- - Operations experience in a manufacturing environment.
- - Preference given to candidates that open to relocation or long term assignment to other Asian country.