Head of App Store, Japan
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, creative ideas have a way of becoming wonderful products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Japan App Store is one the world's largest and most innovative software stores, serving hundreds of millions of digital customers. We are seeking a seasoned manager with excellent leadership quality to handle all efforts for the store front in Japan.
- You should have minimum of 10 years of meaningful industry work experience with minimum 8 years experience in people management
- Knowledge of relevant wireless and mobile technologies pertinent to the industry
- Strong knowledge of competitive and 3rd party products
- Proven track record of successful partnership management and negotiation, working with many groups to achieve goals
- Strong project management skills and fluency with Numbers and Keynote
- Excellent presentation skills and extraordinary attention to detail
- Excellent written & verbal business communication skills
- The role requires fluency in English and Japanese
- The position is based in Tokyo
As the head of the App Store, you'll be responsible for driving revenue growth and customer experience in Japan App Store by crafting and executing locally and regionally relevant business, sales and editorial strategies. We're looking for somebody who can identify new market trends, business opportunities and key partners to engage and develop. You'll work closely with external partners to ensure the best content is made available for the platform, and internally, you'll collaborate cross-functionally with a range of partners: Apple’s Worldwide Developer Relations, Worldwide Product Marketing, App Store and iTunes teams. Another key part of the role is to drive projects and innovations which deliver the best user experience possible for customers and developers in Japan.