Head of Education Sales, Japan
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our ongoing development of products and services. This in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. Our sales team, is in many ways, the face of Apple to our largest customers. In this role, we want you to build the Education sales strategy with your peer group and your team, including sector-wide and territory specific plans, breakthrough strategies and innovative solutions to focus on challenges and achieve sales targets. You will build relationships, develop partner capabilities and ensure detailed execution across the business. We like great teammates, working closely with internal and external partners to build plans, delivering amazing customer experiences, and programs that scale the business and drive the adoption of the Apple ecosystem in Education. At the end of the day, we are here to help transform students personal learning experience — while growing revenue for Apple. To realize this goal, we gain deep understandings of the sectors we manage — at all levels from tactical to strategic. We build a vision that can encourage and inspire teachers to achieve the impossible using Apple products.
- Demonstrate sales growth
- An influencer with strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
- A collaborator that can easily interact across the local and central teams
- Hands on and willing to rolling up his/her sleeves with customers
- Demonstrate initiative, flexibility and problem-solving skills in a changing and dynamic environment
- Leadership skills and people management experience
- Project management skills, highly analytical individual, strategic thinker with strong attention to detailOutstanding presentation and communication skills
- Excellent reputation and extensive contacts within the Japan Education market
- Proficiency in English and Japanese
- You will build and own an extraordinary Education Sales team through organizing, developing, motivating and enabling them with the right tools and with real-time feedback. You encourage your team’s collaboration and foster a diverse and inclusive environment. - You will drive your business/territory plans by influencing and collaborating cross-functionally with key partners to bring the best of Apple to the Education market. You work closely with different teams like Retail and Channel partners’ leadership to build and execute business development plans and enable their success by providing programs, training and tools to grow their Apple business. - You will implement Apple Japan Education business development strategy by developing and owning key customer and partner relationships, collaborating with others to decide and coordinate the funding and prioritization of partner activities in market and leading demand generation plans. Together as a team, optimize each partnership to deliver overall market growth objectives. - You are in the details of your sector’s performance and the financials which allows you to drive high quality outcomes. You mobilize resources for growth and delivery to drive sales activity and share status and progress with customers, partners and the relevant Apple teams. - You will work with partners to develop new and exciting growth opportunities, innovate on flexible affordability and lifecycle solutions, drive relevant market activities and ultimately ensure sales growth through our channel partners. - You will monitor key performance indicators of your team that support growth and enable forecasts on the overall health of your sector and territory plans to deliver results.
Education & Experience
BS/BS degree or equivalent experience