Senior Manager, Government Affairs - Vietnam
Hanoi, Hanoi, Vietnam
We’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply reciprocal place, where everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it.
- 10 years experience in an active government relations organization or government
- Prior experience in the government organizations or multi-national corporations in Vietnam, and/or, South East Asia
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Skills in drafting business documents
- Skills in communicating with government officials and the internal business units
- General understanding and experience in government relations in Vietnam preferably with significant experience in ICT sector.
- Significant experience with governments, legislatures and regulatory agencies of Vietnam.
- Ability to build informal working groups and teams internally to address key issues in Vietnam. Includes an ability to develop positive relationships inside the business to use internal resources and assets;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and pressurized environment with a remote manager;
- Ability to respond effectively, quickly and decisively even during periods of ambiguity;
- Candidate must be enormously flexible, be able to consistently exercise sound judgment, have significant degree of self-motivation; be very resourceful; ability to work with minimal direct supervision;
- Excellent written, verbal and communications skills in English and Vietnamese
Reports to the Senior Director, APAC Government Affairs and assist in planning and implementing the GA Vietnam strategy. Supports the Senior Director for Government Affairs to demonstrate the corporate business plan and growth strategy. Provide counsel, mentorship and strategic planning to support the business unit in Vietnam. Monitor regulatory and general policy developments in the region that may impact Apple’s business. Represent Apple before these bodies. Identify and approach key government agencies closely related to Apple businesses in Vietnam at both the local and federal levels. Regularly engage and coordinate with the key government partners in both state and federal governments to secure the government approval, policy support and regulatory permits. Assist in interpreting the laws and regulations, and provide GA’s proposal for the corporate executives. Monitor the changes of the public policies, organization structure, decision making process, update the overall relationship portfolio and identify important partners and key figures. Assist in scheduling corporate executives’ visits. Support and work with the local Apple teams for communication and all other necessary issues. Take lead to communicate with both the U.S. based and local industrial and trade associations Ability to prioritize and manage with limited supervision
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or above