Producer, App Store Today
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Apple's App Store is the world's largest and most innovative software store, serving hundreds of millions of iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch and Mac customers all over the world. We are looking for a highly motivated producer with top-notch project management, communication and collaboration skills with a can-do attitude, to assist with daily launches on the App Store’s Today tab, which showcases beautifully designed must-read stories, expert recommendations and helpful how-to's. Department Summary The Production Department projects manages all of the featured content elements across our stores and services, working across multiple internal teams from creative to the business.
- Track record of partnership and collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to prioritise a number of competing tasks
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and drive results while juggling many priorities within tight (even daily) timeframes.
- Proven ability to grasp complexity quickly and adapt to change seamlessly.
- Must be resourceful, creative, and results oriented while working within a high-energy environment.
- A keen eye for detail and familiarity with design concepts and terminology
- Excellent social and oral/written communication skills.
- Excellent understanding of the depth and breadth of Apps & Games on the App Store
- A deep passion for technology.
- Fluency in English as well as Japanese is a must.
The producer sits at the heart of the App Store, working cross functionally with Design, Production and Editorial teams to coordinate and deliver daily, engaging stories to our customers via the ‘Today’ tab. Working closely with App Store teams to identify and understand their priorities, the producer maps out the execution plan from story concept to completion. Deliverables, timelines, dependencies and launch plans are articulated and tracked by the producer. This role will coordinate across a wide range of worldwide teams (including design, UI, editorial, marketing, content programming and project management) to ensure that projects are completed under the required deadlines and adhere to the highest standard. An ability to set the pace while working on high-pressure projects with extremely tight deadlines, staying flexible as priorities shift but also holding a wide variety of peers to timelines, is a must. Our ideal candidate must be able to hit the ground running and is familiar with the speed at which traditional design and creative agencies work. This is someone who has a proven track record of cross-functional team working, exercises the highest levels of professionalism and confidentiality, understands how to set the appropriate tone for a project, and operates with a constant sense of urgency, but without a sense of panic, under tight deadlines. The ideal candidate lives and breathes apps and has an in-depth knowledge of the Apple & App Store ecosystem and services.
Education & Experience
BA or higher
- Travel : Quarterly regional travel may be required; annual trips to Cupertino likely.