International Editorial and Localization Producer
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. We're growing and urge you to apply. We believe the role would place you in a highly-energized environment with some of the most talented creative individuals in the industry where you would be inspired to share your years of experience along with providing extraordinary support for the team. Apple Media Products (AMP) supports the App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV+, Apple Books, Apple Podcasts, and other lines of business. This position is responsible for producing editorial content, managing local vendor resources, helping with creative writing and transcreation. The role includes working with various teams across Apple such as business, marketing, design, editorial, and engineering teams to produce promotions and various featured contents. Within AMP, we bring local flavor to Apple’s global services by providing best-in-class localization support and focus on delivering the best user experience for our customers worldwide. The environment is fast-paced, requiring to work autonomously and adapting to tight schedules. We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly, and enthusiastic to changes. You should have cross-functional communication skills and experience. The right mix of linguistic, technical, organizational, and communication skills is the key to success. Attention to detail and a proven ability to manage priorities and multiple high profile campaigns simultaneously are essential.
- You should possess a solid understanding of online media production and localization QA.
- You should be able to handle multiple projects and thrive in a very dynamic environment.
- You work well under pressure, with proven experience working on complex, international, large-scale, time-critical projects.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have proficiency in Japanese and English, native-level editorial skill in Japanese is a must.
- You are flexible and versatile in nature, able to take on challenges while maintaining and even keep and sense of humor.
- You are results-oriented, upbeat and focused with a strong passion to learn and succeed.
- You have a localization expertise in media services or consumer marketing.
- You should be articulate and demonstrate a compelling writing skills. Editorial or journalistic experience is a plus.
- You have a deep familiarity with the Apple ecosystem of services and hardware (iOS, macOS, Apple Music, App Store, Apple TV+, Apple Books, etc.)
- You are well versed in pop culture, music and are passionate about entertainment.
- You have experience working with Content Management Systems and desire to learn new tools.
As a part of the international production and operation team in Apple Media Products (AMP), the International Editorial and Localization Producer will be involved in the creative writing, editing, proofreading and optimization of our digital content, keeping editorial deliverables on track. You will manage the copy workflows for store, marketing and social campaigns across all media types. The International Editorial and Localization Producer is responsible for project management from concept development to go-live, will represent our team in cross-functional meetings, and will prepare and present presentations.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Media Production or a related discipline is preferred.
- Asian and US travel will be required.