Apple Books Operation Specialist
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
The Apple Books is a single, beautiful destination for all the books you love, and the ones you’re about to. Browse the Book Store, keep a list of what you want to read and revisit what you’ve already read. All in one place. Swipe from book to book to see which book covers, descriptions and reviews catch your eye, then add the books you’re interested in to your Want to Read list. Be a part of an exciting, growing team and help shape the future of the books industry. This is a hands-on, external-facing technical position responsible for managing our Japanese publishing partners. In this role, you’ll become an expert on the service provided in the Apple Books along with the content provided by our partners and how the two integrate. You’ll understand the complexities of digital content services, metadata and asset preparation.
- Strong knowledge of publishing industry standards and digital media workflows
- Digital Content Distributions
- Passions for Books, and other digital content
- Technical media partner management
- Experience working with a diverse group of media partners
- Ability to translate complex concepts into simple easy-to-understand terms for non-technical audiences
- Analytical, inquisitive, and comfortable working with large data sets to form meaningful conclusions
- Ability to work with changing and often ambiguous goals
- Results-oriented, upbeat, and focused with a strong passion to learn and succeed;
- Native level in Japanese and strong English language skills required
- You will be responsible for driving, explaining, validating, and monitoring our partner integrations. - You will diagnose issues and identifying solutions with internal and external partners. - Building relationships and consensus with book partners around the world and various internal Apple teams, including Business Development, Engineering, Editorial, Localization, and more. - Developing scalable processes for maintaining partners in the platform. - Tracking and reporting status of various projects with internal and external partners. - Developing key critical metrics, success criteria, and measures to feed that reporting. - Collaborating with Apple Engineering on improving internal tools and resolving bugs.