Optical Metrology Technician (Yokohama Technology Center)
Kanagawa, Kanagawa-ken, Japan
Imagine what you could do here at Apple? Together we could help craft the next generation of the world’s finest devices! New ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your career, and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Optics Technology team is responsible for research, design, development, test and qualification of key optical component for our products. The team is looking for metrology technician to work on advanced optical technology research and development as well as vendor development. Bring technologies to life and enable them interact with users and the environment in ways never imaged before.
- Hands-on experience operating and understanding high accuracy metrology equipments such as profilemeters, CMM and 3D optical surface profilers
- Proficiency in measuring aspherical and freeform surfaces, familiar measuring spherical and cylindrical surfaces are also a plus
- Ability to program aspheric and freeform shape measurement
- Excellent measurement, analysis and root-cause diagnosis skills with documenting capability
- Experience measuring optical components such as lenses and diffusers
- Knowledge in optical component manufacturing processes
Core Responsibilities: As an Optical Metrology Technician, you will be working on development of new optical technologies, hands-on work with precision metrology equipments. Analyze data to draw conclusions to enhance tooling design, tool structure, injection molding manufacturability, failure mode analysis, Root-cause diagnosis and problem solving with cross-functional teams. You may periodically need business travel to support technology development with related suppliers and partners.
Education & Experience
Bachelor/Master degree required in Mechanical Engineering or Physics.
- Industry experience preferred.