Channel Support Account Manager (CSAM)
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here! Join the Channel Support Account Manager (CSAM) team, the heartbeat of Operations at Apple. Experience the best of both worlds, working with our external Reseller Partners as well as working closely with the best minds within other functions of Operations, Sales, and Finance. The CSAM team works in a dynamic environment as we engage our Reseller Partners in Collaborative Planning, Forecasting & Replenishment (CPFR). Our Reseller Partners which contribute to our multi billion dollar Channel business include Telco, Reseller and Distributor routes-to-market. We invite you to join us on this journey!
- Strong Analytics - must be able to influence through numbers. Dig deep into a spread sheet (excel) and ability to zoom out quickly
- Ability to establish relationships within and outside of Apple
- Excellent presentation and communication skills. Clear concise messaging to influence all levels of organization both internal to Apple and external partners
- Flexibility to adapt to fast-moving and rapidly changing environments.
- Ability to deliver quality work to tight deadlines
- Capacity to thrive in an environment where accountability without control is prevalent
- Drive innovation in Supply chain - keeping one eye on customer experience and other on cost
- Willingness for business travel is expected
- Experience in Operations / Supply Chain / Sales Planning / Account Management / Business Planning
- Excellent business communication and presentation skills in Japanese and English. Additional language proficiencies are a plus
As a CSAM, you are the key operations interface with Apple’s Reseller Partners and will be focused on collaborating with major channel partners to ensure that the supply chain is being run as efficiently as possible, in order to maximise sell through across the fastest growing region globally. We are continuously growing our footprint. This role has a wide range of responsibilities that are focused on daily Account Management, directly deal with Sales and Partners. The role requires you to be self motivated and has a passion to resolve operational issues in an efficient and effective manner to help bring the products to the right place at the right time to maximise Sell Through (end customer demand). You will be required to handle both Sales and partners’ escalation. Other responsibilities include explaining the Operations scorecard performance and Senior executives reporting. You will also be expected to lead new product briefing with Sales and ensure launches are flawlessly executed through planning and stitching the cross functional team where needed. You will lean on a strong business insight to influence and motivate partners to place order and influence internal stakeholders to plan supply timely to achieve exceptional customer experience and deliver on key financial performance.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree in Business or related field, MBA or equivalent degree preferred