Japan Country Head, Apple Services Payments
東京, 東京都, 日本
Imagine what you could do here! The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. We invite you to join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! Apple Services (App Store, iTunes, Apple Music, iCloud, etc.) represent the world's largest and most innovative software stores, serving more than half a billion customers every week. Since the App Store launched in 2008, the App Store has changed the way we all live; it has enabled countless new companies, spawned new industries and created millions of jobs. It has also paid out over $120 billion to developers around the world, rewarding millions of developers for their hard work and creativity. But we believe we’re just getting started. Japan is one of the key global markets for Apple Services. We are looking for a Country Head to lead our Apple Services Payments team to develop a future-proof payment strategy and drive further growth and user acquisition.
- Minimum 15 years of professional experience in a leadership OR business development capacity at multinational companies. Payments experience is a plus
- Background in strategy and planning with a big picture vision of how technology will shape the future of the payments/financial services sector in Japan and a strong record of having shaped that evolution so far
- A distinctive record of success in leading and growing businesses through partnership development, ideally having established relationships and grown them to the next level to create substantial impact
- Experience influencing existing external partners to drive the sustained long term success of business partnerships
- Excellent judgment, presence and mature personality; experience working with executives
- Outstanding interpersonal skills - written and verbal, proficient in Japanese and English
- Experience running a cross functional team, inspiring and mentoring them
- Self-starter who works efficiently in a fast paced environment and comfortable in handling ambiguity
- Experience working through internal approval processes and building internal support in cross-functional settings
- Energetic and collaborative team player who excels in goal setting and achievement
- Develop the overall strategy for Japan, making input into the direction of the business at all levels starting with the annual roadmap planning process. Work with existing and new partners to build and strengthen in-depth relationships in order to grow the business and billings across our content platforms. - Lead a local team in Tokyo, and you work closely with the APAC head of Payments and peers in the other subregional markets (Greater China, Korea, SEA, ANZ) as well as with global HQ in Cupertino. - Be well-informed on the newest Payment technologies and trends. - Develop partnerships with content and payment partners for programs and campaigns to drive user acquisition, conversion and retention. The ideal candidate should have rich experiences in project management, product and market development, as well as passion to ideate, build and deliver new, innovative customer experiences in payments. A superb track record of team management and cross regional communication is a must. Experience and knowledge of payments industry such as gift cards, direct carrier billing, wallet ecosystem, online banking is a big plus.
B.A./B.S. required, MBA preferred