Web Developer (CSS, HTML) - People Portals team
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The People Portals team within Employee Experience is looking for a web producer to manage content updates to a suite of global People properties and sites. In this role, you’ll be responsible for a high volume of daily content updates as well as the management and administration of our Content Management Systems. You’ll have an exceptional attention to detail, and a passion for content integrity and user experience. You’ll have the ability to contribute to the development of the CMS as well as troubleshooting technical issues.
- 5+ years of proven experience with enterprise Content/Web Management Systems required; Drupal and/or Adobe Experience Manager experience a nice to have.
- Expert knowledge of HTML and CSS Competency with web UX conventions and standards and experience in Responsive design
- Ability to to deliver meticulously-organized code in a fast-paced environment, keeping the highest quality, accessibility, localization, as well as scalability in mind
- Ability to work with fluid and grid systems (Flexbox, Bootstrap, etc.)
- Experience in website information architecture and page layout planning
- Understanding of web design/development concepts and processes
- Experience with multilingual websites and editorial skills/experience nice to have
- Ability to write requirements for site functionality
- Ability to write and execute test scripts to test existing site and new functionality
- Ability to successfully negotiate a range of projects, from vague to well-defined, simple to complex, implementation to innovation.
- Candidate must have excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to quickly adapt to changing requirements, diverse project needs, and tight timelines.
Manage the ongoing operation of People websites: content loading, updating, publishing, and QA per requirements and requests from business stakeholders Build web pages within our CMS based on PSD or Sketch files provided by our design team, using HTML, CSS, and JS best practices Troubleshoot code issues affecting content display as rendered on Drupal and Adobe Experience Manager platforms Document processes for non-technical CMS users to create and test new content Document coding standards (best practices, programming styles, and conventions) for team developers or vendors to adhere to when writing code for a project Identify opportunities to improve the web site and continuously validate that the website provides a great user experience Work closely with the localization team for uploading and editing translated content Partner with the People site editorial team to maintain content quality and uphold editorial standards Collaborate with third party vendors and IS&T internal partners to receive and deploy code to various staging, QA, and UAT environments while maintaining version control over HTML assets Manage, upload, and implement multimedia assets for all website environments Work with the development team to identify areas of opportunity in the CMS application implementation to deliver new features and enhancements
Education & Experience
Prefer: BA/BS degree in relevant field