EMEIA Legal Counsel - Paris
Paris, Paris Region, France
Apple is a place where extraordinary people can do their best work. Just be ready to dream big! The people here at Apple does not just build products, they build the kind of wonder that revolutionized entire industries. It's the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple has an exciting opportunity for a Legal Counsel for France and Benelux placed in Paris to join the Western European legal team. You will join a talented, hands-on and exciting team of lawyers dedicated to helping the business grow and to protecting its interests in Europe. The legal team for Western Europe supports the local business teams and interacts with national regulators on various topics. The work will require close collaboration with the broader EMEIA and worldwide legal teams. The role is a phenomenal opportunity for a talented ambitious lawyer to be part of the success of some of the most groundbreaking products in the world.
- Significant years of legal experience in the legal department of an international company or a law firm.
- University law degree with above-average exam grades.
- Technology savvy, business oriented with good problem solving skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to build client relationships and work with cross-functional groups.
- Flexible, curious, attention to details and open-minded.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in French and English, Dutch or any other additional languages are a plus.
• Reporting to the Senior Legal Manager for Western Europe. • First point of contact for legal matters in France and Benelux. • Legal support to Apple’s business teams in Europe, with a focus on legal matters related to consumer and commercial law, contract law, e-commerce law, product compliance and regulatory topics, data privacy. • Draft, review and negotiate contracts, provide guidance on legal correspondence. • Monitor and report to management on legal and regulatory developments at national and EU level and interacting with local regulators on legal topics affecting Apple’s business in France. • Liaise with, instruct and manage the work of Apple‘s external legal advisors in the region and if necessary at EU level. • Interaction with industry associations and Apple’s Government Affairs department on lobby topics.
Education & Experience
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.