Siri - Data Engineer for QE Analytics
Kanagawa, Kanagawa-ken, Japan
Machine Learning and AI
Would you like to be a part of shipping groundbreaking technology of large scale systems with natural language processing and artificial intelligence? You will be working with multi-functional engineering, project management and quality teams to help identify product and process quality issues and improve Siri customer experience. Imagine being part of the team that crafts the intelligent assistant which helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. As a Data Engineer, you will work with large test data sets across the entire Siri Experience. You also make recommendations to ensure seamless and accurate data flow across various environments which can be highly transactional or highly analytical. You should design and develop analytical data clusters and data warehouses that can compute data driven insights at scale and high speed.
- Demonstrated capability to solve world class problems to ensure smooth flow of data across multiple environments.
- Excellent ETL skills to develop new data pipelines or reengineer existing pipelines
- Strong knowledge of relational databases and large scale distributed systems such as Hadoop and Spark along with querying languages including SQL, Hive and SparkSQL
- Experience in designing a data warehouse over a complex network of data sources that can cater to all transactional and analytical needs of data consumers (humans and technology)
- Experience with python, R, data science toolkits, such as pandas, dplyr, NumPy, etc
- Creativity to engineer novel features to push beyond current tools and approaches
- Ability to empower data scientists and analysts to harness data at scale to produce unique data driven insights
- Present ideas clearly and concisely to stakeholders to drive high quality within the organization
- Comfortable supporting, collaborating and communicating with senior management and able to build strong working relationships through active listening, delivering promised results, and establishing trust.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- High level of professionalism, energy and sense of urgency to “make things happen” and resolve issues.
- Experience in rapid development cycles, fail fast thinking is highly desirable.
- Understand java code to re engineer the existing pipelines would be super helpful
- Great teammate with a positive attitude, strong sense of empathy with ability to make decisions.
Siri Data Engineer should ensure smooth flow of data from various transactional systems to analytical systems that support reporting and analysis of key test data. As a part of this team, you are expected to design and develop data warehouses to accomodate scale and speed of the need of Analytics needs. You should determine the optimal data processing strategy within the pipeline or at destination. You are constantly looking out to improve the performance of data pipelines and improve the freshness of data at scale. Accordingly make recommendations that has highest business impact to management and team members. Your curiosity to understand how the product is used and ability to make customer experience delightful by providing data driven recommendations takes this team a long way.
Education & Experience
B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Engineering or related fields