Retail Market Development - Commercial Manager NE Asia
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Sales and Business Development
The Retail Market Development team is looking for a Commercial Manager, covering the Northeast Asia market. The Retail Market Development team is responsible for identifying, developing, implementing and driving revenue programs that attract new customers and drive affinity to Apple. You will leverage your Apple experience and analytical skills to develop effective commercial country plans that align with Apple priorities. We are looking for a strategic individual with deep problem solving skills, a strong commercial drive and outstanding relationship skills.
- 10+ years of relevant product management, sales, operational, or telecom experience. Skilled leader who thrives in a fast paced environment.
- Savvy at commercial propositions and negotiations.
- Proven success in establishing rapport, credibility and influence to drive results.
- Skilled at cultivating relationships at the most senior levels.
- Operate at both strategic and tactical levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead and inspire individuals and teams.
- Ability to speak and write in Japanese and English
Be the expert on market trends, risks and opportunities, local consumer behavior in order to identify Retail market opportunities. • Drive Apple core product performance for Retail stores through weekly cross functional and field engagement and quarterly business reviews. • Drive program and promotion performance: Carrier, Trade In, Financing, Global and Regional promotion events. • Be the NPI expert in country/stores splits pre-launch and provide full demand view post launch. • Set annual plan and supporting quarterly priority and targets. • Lead relationship with Retail MDs and other Apple teams for our priority countries. • Analyze and communicate a complete view of product demand and market trends for Retail stores for Consumer, SMB and Education customer segments. • Engage with key Retail partners to develop, deploy and drive sales strategies within Retail stores • Collaborate with key partners in other Apple sales channels, including reseller, telco, business, consumer offers, iTunes and MARCOM teams to build complementary strategies. • Deliver and lead execution of Retail sales programs that deliver on Apple’s strategic goals. Key programs include Carrier, Trade In, Financing programs and tax-free shopping • Own Apple Retail’s commercial relationship with key external partners such as Telcos and Global Blue