Development Executive, Education
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming magnificent products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring your passion and dedication to the job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Education Development Executive, is responsible for leading strategic learning and development initiatives for Japan. It requires working closely with other Education team members including the local business development team and the education programs team. This role requires both critical thinking and extraordinary presentation and story telling skills, capable of inspiring and motivating groundbreaking change at senior executive level. This is an influencer role which requires working across complex environments and being comfortable outside traditional boundaries. To support strategic education initiatives and build upon a strong customer base, the ability to develop relationships, build community and execute at speed are critical. Seen as an education thought leadership role by education customers, a deep understanding of Apple in education and strong knowledge of the market landscape. In addition, you will be one of the ‘going to expert’ supporting the Apple team and working cross functionally in the development of targeted activities and programs.
- Extraordinary knowledge of the education market and an understanding of effective classroom technology
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic sales organization
- Solid understanding of the Apple education eco-system and high level of proficiency in Apple products and services
- More than 5 years of experience in educations and/or field marketing/sales experience or academic leadership position
- Strong passion and vision to transform students’ learning in Japan
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- High level of energy and flexibility
- Extraordinary knowledge on the Japanese Education system and curriculum
- Experience as a classroom teacher or lecturer, and/or curriculum consultant are plus
- Proficient in Japanese and business level in English
- Strong team player with dynamic confidence in an education environment
As part of the education sales team and you will have responsibility for: - Driving Apple’s core education messaging with a particular focus on influencing education leadership; institution, sector, multiplier organizations to implement Apple products and services - Presenting Apple solutions to the education market and demonstrating how Apple solutions can best meet customer needs. Presentations are provided to groups at seminars, briefings, conferences, and workshops, as well as for individual strategic accounts. - Delivering professional development to strategic accounts in the use of Apple technology. - Driving Apple’s core education messages of 1:1 computing and blended learning environments and effectively messaging all Apple solutions. Be an education inspiring leader and trusted advisor to school and leadership teams in local district. - Providing education expertise and mentorship to customers to ensure effective implementation of Apple products and solutions. - Monitoring education customers after the sale for effective use.
Education & Experience
Preference is given to those with Master’s Degree or higher in education and successful experience as a teacher and school leader. Business experience and background is also important to this role.
- Apple is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.