Music Business Partnerships
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Sales and Business Development
Do you love music? Are you passionate about future of digital music services? Do you have in-depth experience in the music industry? If so, you could be the Partnership Manager we are looking for. We are seeking a talented, expert and innovation-focused team member to further expand our Music business in Japan. As a perfect addition to our team, you should demonstrate excellent skills leading complex partnerships, an eye for detail, be resourceful, adaptable, creative, and results oriented with high energy and lots of positive attitude.
- You have minimum 10 years of relevant industry experience in partnership management, business development, business/strategy consulting, ideally with 3 or more years experience in online/digital media businesses.
- You are well versed in managing relationships with senior executives
- You have strategic, in-depth understanding and insights on key trends to the music industry and emerging technologies (digital music, mobile app, digital TV, social marketing etc.).
- You have great knowledge of the local music and media markets with a passion for discovering new music & artists across a variety of genres locally and internationally.
- If you have experience of working at Live performance, TV or Radio production, that is a plus.
- You have great track record of driving projects, from ideation to execution, managing internal and external stakeholders to achieve goals.
- You are pro-active; striving to go above and beyond what is required of the role. Have an ability to prioritise well, and solve challenges
- You are Innovative; continuously seek to enhance and re-define the approach needed to grow our business, while still delivering perfectly on all the priority projects
- You are accountable; have an ability to handle ongoing dialogues with various labels and artist managers as well as multiple deadlines in an ultra-fast paced environment.
- You are result oriented, self starter, energetic and focused with a strong desire to learn and succeed.
- You have excellent communication skills in both English and Japanese, including presentation, and can effectively work in diverse, muiti-culutral environment.
- Your deep passion for the Apple’s products and services will make you a valued member of our team
In this role, you will: Act as a key driver in defining and executing growth strategy for Apple Music Foster the relationship, including communication with senior executives, to plan and execute strategic projects, and to help our partners success by delivering best in class customer experience. Build and manage partnerships that includes senior executives of the Music Label, Artist Management, Music Industry Associations, as well as other business partners such as tele-communication companies, retailers. Manage growth of the overall business by securing comprehensive and innovative campaigns around key releases and catalogue additions. Internally, you will work as part of an international, cross-functional group including Music Marketing, PR, Content Production and other contents teams to ensure the continued development and success of the world’s best ecosystem. Support and influence the Editorial team with strategic insights, taking into account of the chart activity, PR coverage, broadcast/release dates etc. And deliver iconic and impactful campaigns In addition, work cross-functionally with Apple Marcom, legal and finance teams. Be a passionate advocate for Apple
Education & Experience
BA/BS in business or related filed. MBA or equivalent degree is plus.