Engineering Operations Program Manager - Siri Annotation Operations APAC
Kanagawa, Kanagawa-ken, Japan
Machine Learning and AI
Can you build and inspire high-performing teams of unique individuals who deliver? Can you share the Apple vision of perfection with your employees and work towards results? The Siri Annotation Operations team is passionate about technology with a focus on enriching the Siri customer experience. Improving Siri across multiple languages and regions requires a diverse set of technical and organizational skills, and as the Engineering Operations Program Manager, you’re an expert in them all. This is a fast paced, dynamic environment, we are seeking a leader who can exhibit composure while learning from each new challenge. This role can be located onsite in Beijing or Yokohama, Japan.
- 5+ years leadership experience, managing and motivating large, high-performance teams
- Experience managing geographically dispersed teams in Asia, work experience in China and Japan are preferred
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical skills
- Experience with the software development processes and players
- Demonstrated track record of decision-making and good judgment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to present to senior leaders
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate and inspire others
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, meticulous attention to detail and dedication to quality
- English business fluency is required
- Proficiency in Chinese and/or Japanese is preferred.
We are looking for the Engineering Operations Program Manager to lead the engineering staff augmentation business for the Asia. The Lead will oversee diverse teams of vendor-sourced engineering resources located in multiple Apple sites within APAC, including sites in China, Japan, and Singapore. This is a cross-functional role working closely with engineering and Annotation Ops partners, procurement, regional management, and external vendor agencies. As the Lead, you will work closely with partners based in Cupertino and China to develop project and resource requirements. You will help build the vendor strategy for the region and to execute on hiring against plan. A key responsibility of the Lead is to ensure vendor resource productivity and accuracy, with focus on continual improvement to resource output. You will manage policies and procedures and conduct quality audits of support. You will collaborate with cross functional partners in the development of tools and reports to analyze and run the business, including workflow optimizations, workforce management, and volume predictions. You’ll report on status, achievements and goals to key partners and leadership.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience 5+ years in vendor/resource management or engineering project management Experience with natural language processing, machine learning, or annotation is preferred. Experience with voice assistants is a plus.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.