Site Reliability Engineer, Apple Pay
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Software and Services
The Apple team is growing! Apple Pay is an exciting environment and a fast-paced development organization. We are changing the landscape of payments through innovation enabling our customers to pay with their mobile devices in a simple, private and secure way. The Apple Pay SRE Team is looking for an outstanding site reliability engineer in Tokyo focused on the front line customer experience and the back end integration of Apple systems with our Network and Banking partners. As part of this follow-the-sun team, you’ll have peers based in Europe and the US, ensuring timely support for our customers around the clock, and a positive work-life balance for you. Join a team of world class engineers and interact on a daily basis with global teams that span across Apple including iOS software and hardware engineering, Apple Online Store, Apple Retail, and our Network and Banking partners.
- Experience in supporting mission-critical customer facing systems in production environment.
- Familiar with proactive alerting and monitoring systems, such as Nagios, Splunk, Prometheus.
- 3 years hands-on experience in Java, proficient with shell or one of the scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Golang and etc.
- Passionate about tooling and automation, eager to evangelize SRE/DevOps best practices.
- Nice to have - Experience in performance tuning (OS/JVM/DB), or network issue troubleshooting.
- Nice to have - Background knowledge in Java card technology, cryptography.
You already know this… every issue counts! A single ticket can be the key to discovering an issue impacting thousands of people. And now that you’ve found it, you can’t wait to resolve it. You also know that owning the quality of an application is about separating the signal from the noise. Finding that signal is what motives you. When you find it, your next step is to roll up the sleeves and start coding. As a member of the Apple Pay SRE team, you’re expected to help us design the next generation of platform for our customers. You’ll be involved in all phases and layers of the application, and have a direct impact on the experience of millions of customers.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent industry experience.