Field Engineer - Connectivity
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Imagine what you could do here? At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming exceptional products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! The Field Engineering team is looking for a motivated, highly technical Field Engineer with experience in NFC and mobile payment systems. Successful candidate will be involved in evaluating the latest iPhone and Apple Watch HW systems in both field and the Lab.
- Solid understanding with practical experience in NFC systems and/or other wireless technologies (Wi-Fi, BT, UMTS, LTE or GPS)
- Knowledge of NFC standards ( NFC Forum, Felica, EMVco), Secure Element and Mobile Payment systems
- In depth knowledge & Expertise in System test plan creation and execution for any given wireless technology.
- Background in OTA testing and RF issues debugging a plus.
- Professional communication skills tailored to situation and audience
- Good interpersonal and proven written/verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and should be proactive
- Demonstrate the ability to own a complete functional area of an application or product
- Fluent in English
- Able to Travel Locally and Internationally
Field Engineer will be involved in evaluating the latest iPhone and Apple Watch HW systems in both field and the Lab. This includes very early evaluations of our Prototypes and HW Systems on different wireless technologies, including performance metrics creation/evolution, post processing and analysis of trace log from the field. It also includes running focused experiments in relationship to RF/OTA performance, etc. The successful candidate will be working with several cross-functional teams and perform deep dive analysis into internal logs to understand and identify root cause of any HW/SW System issues.
Education & Experience
Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or similar as a minimum.
- - Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- - Experience with test equipment such as Oscilloscope, Spectrum analyzer, Signal generator and etc
- - Scripting experience (shell/python/perl/matlab)