AI/ML - Engineering Operations Program Lead , Annotation Operations
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Machine Learning and AI
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The AI/ML and Annotation Operations team is a fast paced, multifaceted environment. We need a project manager that can exhibit composure while learning from each new challenge. If you are a smart, creative, engaging project and people manager, self-motivated team player, who thrives in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment, passionate about building great products, doing the right thing and learning new technologies, this is the job for you. Apple is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join the AI/ML Annotation Operations team and oversee Siri machine learning projects focused on internationalization and core language support. This is a multi-functional role working with other Annotation Operations Project Managers across the globe on a range of Siri and partner organizations' projects, helping to define data specifications, developing and optimizing local processes, managing third party vendor relationships, tracking production progress, performing data analysis and root cause analysis.
- 5+ years of industry experience, passionate about delivering good quality data within project timelines.
- Experienced in leading and coordinating multi-functional activities between Engineering, Operations, Business, Legal etc.
- Experienced in data quality issue tracking and resolution activities end to end (impact analysis, root cause analysis, data analysis etc.)
- High degree of adaptability flexibility creative decision-making and technical problem-solving abilities.
- Strategic problem solver with the ability to see the big picture while working with ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Experience handling complex data analysis and large scale data evaluation projects is a plus.
- Consistent focus on training and improving existing processes.
- Experience in working with data pipelines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including ability to work in a self-directed environment and ability to present to senior management.
- Experienced in a leadership function building, leading and motivating a team.
- Strong decision making and good judgment.
- Able to work collaboratively with engineers and project managers across organizations and time zones.
- Build relationships and collaborate with other operational and support groups.
- English fluency.
- Strong coding skills is a plus.
We are looking for a proven project and people manager who can thrive in a fast-paced workplace where both individual drive and team collaboration are the keys to success. You will plan and track delivery timelines, provide technical expertise and leadership throughout a data request life cycle to ensure the final dataset meets the customer’s quality expectations. You will deliver weekly annotation productivity and accuracy reports and handle project resource management, including planning and on-boarding schedules. You will collaborate with the local language engineering teams and data annotators to deliver high quality data to help build and improve language models. You will oversee local project operational responsibilities including workflow management, process improvement and operations health review, as well as track quality assurance status and training needs. You will engage with Customers to clarify quality and data requirements, discuss edge cases and receive early quality feedback for new annotation types. You will identify potential areas of tools and process improvements with impact analysis, scope clear requirements and work with responsible DRIs to test these approaches before deploying them in production.
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in engineering, science or computer science or equivalent experience