Apple Support Area Manager - Japan
Support and Service
Apple Support Area Managers are responsible for leading multiple teams of Apple Support Team Managers and have direct accountability and ownership for the team’s results. You are accountable for service quality, staffing productivity, efficiency and ensuring consistent world-class customer satisfaction. They achieve a high standard of excellence by demonstrating mastery in functional areas, anticipating broader business needs and translating strategic goals into tactical plans. This position can be home-based anywhere in Japan or on-site at our corporate office in Tokyo.
- 5+ years leading a technical support team in a contact centre or retail environment
- Compelling, consistent, clear communicator who can articulate the vision of the organization and galvanizes others into action
- Proven track record of collaborating across the business to drive financial and operational improvements
- Ability to empower and drive the team’s performance and be accountable to AppleCare business priorities
- Experience developing and mentoring Team Managers for current and future organizational needs
- A genuine love for customers and a history of driving customer-impacting change
- Communicate in a concise, clear and consistent manner which translates strategy into action.
- Regularly evaluate the performance of your team which culminate to a high quality annual performance.
- Conduct one to one meeting with employees and Staff Meetings.
- Fluent in English and Japanese
At Apple, we believe in hard work, a fun environment, the creativity and innovation that only comes about when people from diverse backgrounds approach problems from varying perspectives. We believe each customer interaction is an opportunity to delight, impress, engage and inspire. We focus on all the small details to have the biggest impact. Are you interested? Area Managers have a balance of customer and business focus and have a passion to develop future leaders. You will drive engagement that aligns to Apple Support Credo and Culture at all levels. You will lead team managers that support our current advisors that provide focused customer support for Apple products/services. RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: - You will facilitate and encourage creativity that empowers a team to apply functional expertise to continually improve customer and employee experiences. - You will analyze business to identify trends and determine critical focus areas; formulate a strategy that effectively drives performance improvement and employee engagement that is consistent with Apple values. - You will continually seek and implement opportunities for quality and cost reduction by improving productivity and efficiencies. - You will demonstrate integrity and fairness in all engagements and ensure Business Conduct guidelines and all Apple policy/procedures are met within the organization. - You will provide a level of support, guidance, and accountability to Team Manager decisions. - You will regularly assess the quality of Team Manager activities through the use of various tools ensuring necessary conversations are being held and performance is being managed. - You will support and build relationships with cross-functional partners. - You will regularly evaluate and coach to the overall success of your organization. - Make Apple better. Share feedback and insights about events impacting customer and employee experience.
Bachelor's degree preferred. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.