Product Marketing Manager Japan - Mac, macOS and Apple apps
東京, 東京都, 日本
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here. The Product Marketing Manager will own and drive the product centric marketing strategy for Mac, macOS and Apple apps in Japan. The PM Manager will be a part of a team of product experts who champion products within Japan market and seek innovative ways to keep our products at the heart of the customer conversation. Continuous improvement of product launches, comprehensive business and market analytics, instinctive insights and the discipline to focus are valued attributes. The PM Manager will have a deep understanding of product, portfolio and marketing strategy, twinned with the ability to execute for results. The PM Manager must have the ability to work collaboratively with other critical functions, Marcom, PR, Finance and Sales, to articulate and shape opportunity ahead for their product line of business and communicate region-unique requirements for current and future products in a coherent way to multiple stakeholders across the globe as well as the US. To be truly successful in this role, you will need to have an undeniably strong passion for Apple products, desire to win, curiosity to be better, ability to navigate in a world of ambiguity, finesse and craft in product storytelling, creative and innovative problem solving, the motivation to inspire others, and to build strong and lasting relationships throughout the organization.
- 8+ years of proven experience in product marketing or other marketing discipline, preferred but not limited to the hardware, software and internet services industry in Japan.
- Deep knowledge of local consumer behaviours, competitive products and services ecosystem in Japan.
- Strong hands-on technical skills to set up and demonstrate Mac and Apple’s Application products and software.
- Technical ability and attention to detail to evaluate local language based customer experience throughout the year.
- Technical proficiency and the ability to translate features into consumer benefits is required.
- Excellence in presentation, spoken and written skills in both English and Japanese.
- Instinctive ability to be the voice of the consumer and have storytelling capabilities.
- Must have curiosity, passion for excellence, courage of conviction, self integrity, truth, analytical, incredibly detailed oriented and be able to ask the right questions.
- A resilient problem solver who gets things done, hardworking, works effectively under pressure, perseverance, flexible and willing to learn, confident but without ego.
- Have deep project management, negotiation and analytical skills, a great teammate with strong influencing and collaboration skills and cross-functional leadership abilities.
- Requires to travel multiple times a year to Cupertino.
- Articulate the product opportunity in market and provide product insight and leadership from introduction through end-of-life to both the Marketing and Sales organizations - Execute product launches with excellence every time - Contribute to the annual Marketing plan, outlining opportunity and actions that lead growth and category leadership - Be the liaison between Market and WW for all local business needs and feature requirements. Influence product feature roadmap, make clear recommendations that improve customer experience - Become a visible and vocal member of the Product Marketing team - Be the guardian of product messaging & positioning across every customer touch point, advancing the cause of excellence - Possess expert knowledge of competitive and 3rd party products and strategies. Make pricing and forecasting recommendations to management and cross-functional teams
BS/BA degree, MS/MA/MBA, preferred but not conditional