App Store Subscription Monetization Manager, Japan
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Apple's App Store is the world's largest and most innovative software store, serving more than half a billion customers every week. Over the last 10 years, apps have transformed the ways we watch, read and engage with content and services, making the App Store one of the largest subscription platforms in the world. In 2008, the App Store launched with 500 apps. Now there are over 35,000 third party subscription apps alone. But, we believe we’re just getting started! The App Store team is seeking a talented and results-oriented individual to join our team in Japan, focusing on subscription monetization. You will work closely with our global and local App Store teams and multiple cross-functional groups within Apple to identify and evangelise opportunities for subscription growth, and make the App Store an even better place for developers to manage their subscription businesses. The focus of this role is on the app developer ecosystem in Japan, and the role reports to the Head of International Business Strategy & Planning, App Store & Arcade.
- Extensive experience in growing subscription businesses, with mobile app experience preferred.
- Deep knowledge of subscription business models, metrics and standard methodologies, with proven experience in driving improved performance and growth.
- A self-starter with a hands-on demeanor, who is dedicated and demonstrates critical thinking abilities.
- Strong quantitative analytics skills, with expertise in Excel/Numbers.
- Proven ability to synthesize meaningful insights from data and industry sources, and package those insights into persuasive, impactful proposals to influence new strategies.
- Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent project management skills, with ability to juggle multiple tasks, prioritize workloads, and adhere to tight deadlines.
- Outstanding relationship management skills and ability to foster strong internal and external relationships at all levels.
- Proven ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
Do you have a passion for great apps, content and services? Are you a curious and collaborative person? As Subscription Monetization Manager, you'll support the growth of the App Store’s subscription business by working closely with App Store Business Managers and the developers they support to: - Identify and deliver recommendations for optimization and growth. - Define and evangelize best-in-class uses of subscriptions and the associated feature set. - Be a resource for expert insights across the App Store for apps business models, platform features, and developer best practices on an ongoing basis. - Advocate for product enhancements to improve apps monetization and address developer needs. - Help internal partners track and evaluate the impact of their efforts and propose actionable next steps.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree in business, economics, statistics, or the natural sciences; MBA or advanced degree preferred. If you have a different education background but the right experience and subject matter expertise, we encourage you to apply.
- Fluent Japanese and English is required.