AI/ML - Lab Admin, Siri Engineering Efficiency
Kanagawa, Kanagawa-ken, Japan
Machine Learning and AI
If you're passionate about building technology that will make a difference, we may have the job for you. The position requires a mix of support and scripting skills to successfully manage devices in our lab while assisting on debugging automated test failures. You will work alongside engineers to assist in the successful release of future products.
- Experience fixing Apple products, both software and hardware
- Experience with device deployment and management of macOS & iOS
- Experience triaging issues and fixing both Apple software and hardware
- Experience in administering macOS & iOS
- Ability to analyze test results and triaging bugs to find root causes
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong ability to prioritize feature work
- Ability to context switch quickly and frequently
- Adept at using creative and innovative thinking to resolve problems
- Capable of iterating on old solutions to improve processes
- Passionate attention to detail
- Knowledge of network technologies (wired/wireless)
- Strong collaboration skills
- Repair certifications for Apple hardware and software a plus
- Automation or scripting knowledge is required
This role enables you to build your knowledge of the entire fleet of Apple devices including iPhones, macs, AppleTVs, Apple Watches, with a particular emphasis on Siri. In this role, you will have the opportunity to make a big impact on both internal Apple engineers and the billions of users who use our products. You will prepare devices and systems for testing (setup, software install, testing, debugging, repairing systems). Manage inventory of test equipment and track location of items. You will have strong teamwork ethic as we engage with many different teams including everything from network to engineering. You will resolve issues in our current tool for automated device management and implement new features. You will help to run, maintain and organize lab work spaces, interact with prototypes and components including supporting test setups, debug sessions, etc. and you will be constantly moving lab support systems forward by iterating current process to make them more efficient. You will use ARD, SSH, Telnet and other CLI to deploy, maintain and debug remote machine and devices. This role may require lifting, moving and carrying equipment up to 20 pounds.
Education & Experience
AS/BS in a technical field or equivalent experience preferred
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.