Software Development Engineer (Quality)
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here at Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly! Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join our Apple Pay Software Quality Engineering team and drive innovation that matters! The Apple Pay team is responsible for delivering server-side solutions for the iOS ecosystem. You’ll be joining a team of elite engineers and interacting daily with teams that span across Apple including iOS software and hardware engineering, Apple Online Store, Apple Retail, and our network and banking partners.
- Experience of strong object-oriented programming and design, including Java.
- Experience working with relational database systems and authority SQL scripting skills; experience with NoSQL solutions is a plus.
- Experience providing and consuming RESTful web services and JSON.
- Experience working in an agile software development environment.
- Ability to define and execute comprehensive server-side test plans.
- Strong Unix skills and proficient with at least one shell and high level scripting language (bash, perl, python).
- Strong background in crafting or extending existing test frameworks; JUnit, TestNg.
- At ease with maven, svn and git; expertise with continuous integration systems using Jenkins.
- Basic understanding on application security; authentication, authorization, cryptography, etc.
- Understanding of packet sniffer tools such as Wireshark, tcpdump, etc.
- Experience solving problems OS, database, network configuration, and applications server issues.
- Understanding of performance testing concepts and tools.
- Evangelize software testing standard methodologies and Influence architecture and design decisions.
- Ability to work independently, raise issues and take corrective action
- Strong written and oral communications skills
As an Apple Pay Software Quality Engineer, you will automate, break and strive improve Apple’s revolutionary mobile payment solution. The ideal candidate will be highly efficient and motivated individual with a love of infrastructure engineering. They must enjoy working on multiple concurrent projects in a fast-paced environment that fosters growth, teamwork, innovation and a passion to change the world.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree or Master in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience required