Global Sourcing and Supply Manager (GSSM) - Japan
東京, 東京都, 日本
Operations and Supply Chain
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Imagine what you could do here! We have an opportunity for a Global Sourcing and Supply Manager (GSSM) in Japan. This role will focus on specific commodity and will play a critical role in the overall success of the Apple fulfilment model. Acting as a key interface between WW Procurement, WW Materials, strategic suppliers and contract manufacturers. APO GSSM is responsible for driving all aspects of strategic and tactical elements of the business operations. We invite you to join us on this journey and help us leave the world better than we found it!
- Broad operations/supply chain management experience;
- Outstanding analytical capabilities;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work cross functionally in a dynamic environment;
- Demonstrate ability to drive and deliver strategic business plans and initiatives;
- Demonstrated cross functional leadership;
- High level of personal and professional integrity;
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of flexibility;
- English and Japanese proficiency. Mandarin is a plus;
• Act as resident expert in assigned commodity • Collaborate with WW Procurement to conduct capacity planning, prepare new program ramps, drive necessary and timely action for potential supply issues and provide accurate supply projection • Ensure product availability on a daily basis, managing forecast to commit, driving excellent supplier flexibility and minimizing potential exposures • Manage and develop suppliers to maintain lowest cost, predictable availability and industry-leading quality • Work with Apple cross-functional teams, contractor manufacturers and suppliers to achieve established business goals and objectives • Manage the development and implementation of procurement strategies and initiatives
BS/BA degree with minimum 7 years supply chain or commodity management experience; MBA a plus.