Japan Channel Digital Experience Lead
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
The role of the Marketing Communications (Marcom) group at Apple is to ensure the detailed development and execution of extraordinary communications in support of business goals. Channel plays a very important role in Apple’s overall go-to-market strategy. The teams working on Channel are responsible for implementing outstanding retail experiences for our customers worldwide, including the online experience, fixtures, graphics, visual merchandising, security, and point-of-sale messaging. In this role you will work as an integrated part of the Channel team to support the growing scope and importance of Apple’s channel business. Every day millions of consumers around the world interact with our products in the Indirect Channel through mobile, digital and in-store experiences. You will drive strategies and execute campaigns to provide customers a thoughtful, engaging and magnificent experience! As Channel Digital Experience Lead, you will play a vital role in crafting how Apple shows up within our Channel partner digital environments in Japan. Partner’s digital platforms are becoming critical to their commercial success. This role requires a strong understanding of digital platforms throughout the customer journey (social, e-crm, e-commerce platforms, web, digital in-store, etc) and how they can be best orchestrated to improve the impact of Apple product presentation and deliver the most compelling Apple product stories. You will switch seamlessly between identifying and developing Apple campaigns and stories across partners’ digital platforms as well as consult on how partner’s should deliver their stories and campaigns featuring Apple products. You will partner closely with the Japan Channel Partner Communications team, and will report into the Geo Marcom Channel Lead.
- 10-15 years experience in planning or project management with a leading digital agency or in-house marketing organization
- Great writing skills, visual storytelling skills and presentation skills
- Able to work autonomously
- Working collaboratively within a wider team
Defining the channel digital strategies to support Apple campaigns. Structure and scope sophisticated digital and interactive projects, including localization of global assets, while running multiple work streams. Lead development of marketing content for multiple digital platforms and stakeholders Defining bespoke digital strategies for different key partners within partner engagement model process Work collaboratively within internal Marcom teams, wider internal Sales and Marketing teams and externally with partners Driving digital insights within Channel to help advise marketing plans and country channel plans Bring to bear relevant project management tools
Education & Experience
Relevant University Degree
- A deep curiosity and understanding of different platforms within the digital space.
- Understanding of technology of e-commerce platforms.
- Fluency in digital trends effecting resellers today and a perspective on the future state.
- Ability to lead strategic conversations with divergent teams of people, both internally and externally.
- Ability to encourage partners about what’s possible within their digital frameworks.
- A proven track record of campaign development and project management.
- Ability to moderate and lead a digital creative workshop.
- Ability to develop productive relationships with partners outside Marcom.
- Ability to knit together disparate sources of information into a strong strategic narrative.