Camera Hardware – Optoelectronic Engineer
Kanagawa, Kanagawa-ken, Japan
Design and develop next-generation Cameras and related silicon technologies for Apple products. The Camera Hardware team develops cutting edge camera solutions and technologies for Apple’s products, including the iPhone, iPad, MacBooks, and more. The key goal of the team is to enable the world’s best camera experience for our customers. New challenges arise everyday that require the sharp problem-solving skills of talented and smart individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- 10+ years experience in design of optoelectronic components
- Experience with camera technology covering sensing, control and signal processing
- Experience in silicon design covering Analog/mixed-signal and/or digital design.
- Experience in test and manufacture of optoelectronic devices
- Multi-disciplinary understanding of EE, CE and Physics principles
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid teamwork and leadership skills.
- Work cross-functionally to develop image sensor silicon for novel camera systems. - Collaborate with optical and process engineers to determine key requirements of sensing silicon. - Evaluate solution space including system constraint discovery to determine creative implementation approaches. - Interact with key strategic suppliers on critical component development covering silicon design, package design, component test & production. - Supervise image sensor silicon development from concept through to mass production and product sustainment.
Education & Experience
Master's/PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science/Computer Engineering or industry experience equivalent