Cellular Field Design Engineer
Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming products, services, and customer experiences very quickly! Do you want to impact millions of users by developing an extra-ordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? We are the Apple Field Design Engineering team, and we are seeking a highly motivated and technical individual to work on testing unreleased apple products. You will be responsible for evaluating the latest iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch hardware systems, in the field, from early prototype to final products, on different network and wireless technologies, including performance metrics creation/evolution, post processing and analysis of device logs from the field. Come join our team and become part of a hands-on team that fosters engineering excellence, creativity and innovation. We are a team of multifaceted, encouraging people and innovative technologies are the norm here. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish, imagine what you could do here!
- You have a minimum 0-3 years hands-on experience with end to end testing of cellular technologies that includes test plan preparation, field testing, log analysis & debugging UE issues.
- You have working knowledge in at least one of the wireless technology 5G NR, LTE/LTE-A, UMTS.
- Deep understanding of cellular protocol stack from LTE PHY/MAC to higher layers, Call processing.
- You have experience owning a complete functional area of an application or product with clear communication across multiple levels in the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, detailed oriented, analytical, able to work independently.
- Able to travel locally and internationally
Field Design Engineer will be involved in evaluating the latest iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch HW/SW systems in both field and Lab. This includes very early evaluations of our prototypes and HW systems on different wireless technologies, including performance metrics creation/evolution, post processing and analysis of trace log from the field. It also includes running focused experiments in relationship to RF/OTA performance, acoustics, thermals, GPS and NFC validation, etc.. The successful candidate will be working with the HW/SW development teams and other cross functional teams on identifying issues impacting the wireless performance. You will perform deep dive analysis into internal logs to understand and identify root cause of any HW/System issue.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- - Hardworking and ambitious, able to take on obstacles in innovative ways
- - Knowledge of Antenna/ RF design, GNSS and /or NFC technologies is a plus
- - Basic scripting experience (Shell/Perl/Python/Matlab)
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.