Lead Productivity Engineer, Ad Platforms
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to build products that enrich people’s lives! Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Today, our technology and services power advertising in Search Ads in the App Store and Apple News. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy! In this role you will impact the everyday work experience of dozens of engineering teams — increasing velocity and quality by discovering and solving for all kinds of friction & inefficiencies.
- Thought leader in Developer Productivity for an enterprise engineering organization
- Experience leading the design and implementation of CICD infrastructure and pipelines
- 3-5 years working in software productivity or closely related role, in a large scale team
- 10+ years total work experience which can additionally include roles as software developer, DevOps, build engineer, automation engineer
- Adept with related tools and technologies: Jenkins, Spinnaker, Github, Artifactory
- Coding experience such as Java, python
- Experience with database technologies such as Oracle, SOLR, C*, Postgres
- Experience with building tools, automation, test frameworks (perhaps in a past SDET or DevOps role)
- Knows orchestration and containers: Docker, Kubernetes, Nomad
- Cloud tech such as AWS
- Proven communication skills and able to work across teams
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycle
The Solutions Engineering team within Advertising Platforms is building a team around Engineering Experience. This includes Developer Productivity but is also more than that — we are exploring all sorts of interesting challenges within a highly successful and fast-growing engineering organization. You will apply your innovative ideas and excellent technical skills daily. You will partner across teams, working with a diverse group of high-caliber software engineers, towards goals such as: - Identify and solve bottlenecks in the SDLC including dev/build/test/deploy processes - Define the important metrics to measure, use these to find the most impactful areas of investment and demonstrate impact of your efforts - Innovate ways to help developers do more work decoupled from shared infrastructure; can range from ability to do more on developer’s laptop, to on-demand provisioning in cloud - Influence direction and contribute to stabilizing and scaling shared/integration environments - Promote and drive best practices such as code quality, test coverage, code reviews, and code promotion
Education & Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field. - Master’s degree preferred.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programs. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programs that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programs vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.